Saturday, 3 June 2017

Setting the Scene

Setting up the scene

When I was looking at starting my scene I decided to use a project had already done last year since the rooms were created but not furnished or textured, this gave me correct architectural structure for my room.

From here I went into Maya and set my grid to the same settings used in unreal so furniture I made will fit directly with my room I started by making a table and lamp, the table would  be the center piece of the room I decided to make most of my furniture black as a main colour for a sort of more modern look this also mean that any specular or reflections would stand out more against the black look of the room.


These were the only furniture I made myself the rest I found on a royalty free website since I believed all my time should be focused spent on the lighting since the unit says nothing of the modelling process and so it wasn't important or of any relevance to the unit. This was a design decision I made to help increase the output of my lighting quality.


Once I had gathered all my assets I then began placing them around the room in a way to set up a realistic looking space this would make my lighting once added look that much more believable and authentic. To increase this I took out one of the walls and added in two windows that weren't previously there I then made blind models to fit the gaps so that the light shines through the individual gaps creating a row of lights that will shine through creating a cool effect over the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment